It is important for you to understand and be able to exercise your ‘data rights’; in particular, your right to not to have personal data used for direct marketing purposes. Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) of the EU, you have the right to access, modify, and delete your data.
Withdrawal of consent including marketing opt-out.
You may withdraw consent for data processing at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
You may also instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out via email communication or change your communication preferences by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to personal data
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, in relation to information we store on your name, email address, profile information such as company and job title, and your payment history. Following a request we require up to 30 working days to provide you with your information.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share Your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that You have given us your permission.
Retention of your data
Information relating to your financial transactions with us will be kept for the period required by relevant legislation. In all other cases, we will erase your data once it is no longer necessary for the purpose we obtained it for.
Changing or erasing data
You may instruct us to change any inaccurate data or to erase data that is no longer required for a specified purpose.
What information do we collect?
We collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information that you provide to us for registering with us and for subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including name, email, job role and communication preferences);
- and any other information that you choose to send to us.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- improve your browsing experience by using your data to profile you and personalize the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- share information with business partners who may contact you about topical and relevant information;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business (or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties) which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- provide third parties with anonymous statistical information about our users;
- administer the website;
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority
8601 Ranch Road 2222, Bldg. 1, Ste. 100, Austin, TX 78730
for more information and to file a complaint.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is the enforcement authority which has jurisdiction over Personiv compliance with Privacy Shield, and Personiv is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the FTC.
A cookie consists of a piece of text sent by a web server to your web browser, which is then stored by your browser. The information is then sent back to our web server each time your browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify individual web browsers. It does not contain personally identifiable information such as your name or other personal details – but may enable us to identify and profile your activities if you are logged in to our site.
Accessing our website
When you can access our website, a cookie is placed on your computer by our content management system (CMS) WordPress, which uses a session cookie. This temporary cookie is not used for tracking purposes, it’s an essential, “strictly necessary” part of providing content to you through our CMS.
How do I block cookies from Personiv.com?
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
If you want to manage privacy we recommend you install Ghostery which gives you a chance to learn more about each service it identifies on a site and block their cookies or Scripts. It gives information on how they describe themselves, a link to their privacy policies.
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Sale of the business
In the event that the business is sold or integrated into another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisors, and to any potential purchaser’s advisors, and following completion of a sale would transfer to the new owners of the business.